When Your Programs Need to Get With the Program
Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) facilitates sharing of information between
two or more enterprise applications. It is a set of technologies that allows
the movement and exchange of information between different applications and business
processes within and between organizations.
Mergers and Acquisitions: This typically
requires that IT architecture and constituent technologies be inherently agile,
that is scalable and loosely coupled systems. The use of widely accepted industry
standards is required to enable rapid, simplified integration of technical environments.
Changing Basic Processes: Virtually every
corporation either currently does or someday will conduct business electronically
(i.e. internets / intranets “e-Business”) with customers, suppliers,
and partners. To facilitate these processes disparate applications and business
processes will need to be integrated. This will result in improved customer
service and business productivity.
Leverage Legacy Application Assets: Many
corporations have a significant amount of capital invested in Legacy Applications.
EAI technologies can modernize the business processes, while preserving and
leveraging these assets.
Benefits of EAI:
- Ability to integrate business processes based on the business requirements
- Faster time to market
- Reduced development cycle
- Ability to focus on business logic instead of connectivity and infrastructure issues
PCS has assisted several major corporations with designing, developing, and implementing
complex EAI solutions. The solutions include:
- Data Based Integration (EDI, XML, Data Base, VSAM Flat Files, etc.)
- Message based integration (messages, objects, RPC, CORBA, COM, API)
- Integrated mainframe legacy platforms with mid range and client server application
- Integrated Internal corporate applications to external partner applications via
- Integrated ERP applications with Custom Built Applications.
- Integrated various transaction based applications with Data Warehouse Applications
PCS was retained by an e-fulfillment infrastructure provider to integrate multiple
conventional technologies into a streamlined and efficient e-commerce support system.
The project required an integration of the existing back-end warehouse management
and catalog fulfillment software packages with those of its clients. PCS provided
overall management, architecture, design, and programming services to meet this
significant challenge. In an AS/400 and Windows NT environment, using XML,
PCS seamlessly fused the IT systems with the Internet, enabling the client to meet
its plans, without any detrimental impact on its daily activities.